Saturday 25 February 2017

SA2 CL 4 ENG WORKSHEET GRAMMAR

Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions
1.    The post office is near here. Go with Gordon Road and it's ____ your right.
2.  I wrote my homework assignment ______ Winston Churchill. The teacher loved it.
3. I've lost my keys again. Help me look _____ them.
4.I am looking ______ my lost key.
5.  I can't choose ________ these two types of pizza. They both sound great!
6.  It's cold today, stay _________ the house and keep warm.
7.The dog jumped _________ the table and ate my dinner.
8.  The windows are so dirty! I can't see ________ them at all.
9.   There's a train station ________ the hotel.
10.The train stopped _______ the platform

Underline adverbs and mention its kind
1.  Come here  quickly,You have to see this!
2.We knew that she had got the job when we saw her  excitedly,talking on the phone.
3.He carelessly, put the vase on the table. It fell to the floor.
4. Sharon is throwing a party on Saturday. She finally, finished her PhD.
5.  Let’s walk  slowly, I don’t want to be the first one at the meeting.
6.  Alex  easily, put up the bookshelves. It was too difficult for me to do on my own.
7.Every thing happened so suddenly, We had to move to California in less than a month.
8.  I saw him yesterday.
9. I am seeing your father tomorrow.
10.My plane leaves tomorrow.
11.I haven’t seen her since Monday.
12.I went there yesterday.
13. I saw him yesterday morning.
14. I haven’t seen her today.
15.I haven’t seen her since yesterday.
16.The cat is hiding underneath the couch.
17.Close the door when you go out.
18.The ship sailed northwards, encountering heavy weather along the way.
19.When she saw me waiting, she ran towardsme.
20.Put the cake there.
21.After a long day at work, we headed homewards.
22.Please bring that book here.
23.My grandfather’s house is nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment