Wednesday 22 February 2017




Cl 5 Eng grammar worksheet SA2 March 2017

Conjunctions exercise


1. I ate chicken for lunch ________ I had it for dinner,too. 

2.This is a small ………………….. interesting story.

3.    Manu ____________ Anu help each other.
3. We will visit Paris ………………….. Rome during the summer.   
4.   It was getting dark________I took a cab. 
5.   I regard my mother ……………….. my best friend.
6.  She bought a new dress,he bought a new suit. 

7. They asked for coffee, they didn't get any
8.The TV is on,we're not watching it.
9This is a small but interesting story.
10. I like chicken ________ not fish..
11.    Run fast _______You will miss the bus.
12. The items are on sale in the local store ________ not online.
13. He was treated ………………….. a guest.
14. It was cloudy _______ cold.

15. Lee can speak Spanishher _______ his sister can speak French.

16. Jan got a letter from a friend _______so did her sister.

17. Tom likes music ________ he can't dance.

18. Dan wrote a check ________ he didn't sign it. 

Prepositions exercise

1. This material is different …………………… that. (from / to / with)
2. You should explain this …………………… them. (to / at / with)
3. He has been absent ………………… Monday. (since /for / from)
4. I haven’t been to the theatre ………………… a long time. (since / for /from)
5. He goes ……………….. school by car. (to / at / on)
6. This is a comfortable house to live ……………… (on / at / in)
7. They are called …………………. different names. (by / with / for)
8. We should not spend money ………………. luxuries. (for / on / with)
9. I gave him a chair to sit ………………. (on / at / in)
10. The new term begins …………………. June 1st. (on / in / from)
11. He poured the tea ………………….. the mug. (into / on / in)
12. He said that he was very pleased ……………………. my work. (with / on / at)

No comments:

Post a Comment