Monday 23 September 2019

CLASS 4
ENGLISH REVISION WORKSHEET (HALF YEARly-2019-2020)

I.Fill in the blanks with suitable homonyms
(pen,wound,present,play,bit,close,live,bat)
1. Let’s  ___ soccer after school.
    The author wrote a new  ___.
2. Ouch! The mosquito  ___ me!
     I’ll have a little  ___ of sugar in my tea.
3. My rabbits are in a  ___ outside.
    Please sign this form with a black  ___.
4.All the students are  ___ today.
   The boss will ___ the award at 10:00.
5. Please ___ the door.
    The boy sat  ___ to his uncle.
6. The rope was  ___ around his ankles.
     The soldier received a  ___ in the battle.
7. I don’t know if I will  ___ or die. 
    Last night I saw the band play  ___ in concert.
8. he loves to play with______.
    ______ are nocturnal animals.

II.Add the correct prefix
1. zip ______________________________  2. honest __________________________
3. perfect ___________________________   4. agree ___________________________
5. ripe ______________________________ 6. pleasant ________________________
7. stop ___________________________       8. respect __________________________
9. fair _____________________________   10. obey ___________________
11.happy ____________________                12. reasonable _____________________
13.possible _________________                   14.necessary _______________________
Nouns Gender - Animals

IV COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING WITH PAST FORM OF VERB
1. I (eat)___________ dinner at six o’clock yesterday.
 2. Helen (travel)___________ by bus.
 3. My neighbor (buy)___________ a new car last week.
 4. They (go)___________ to Italy on their last summer holiday.
 5. They (swim)___________ at the beach.
 6. My family and I (see)___________ a comedy movie last night.
 7. First, we (do)___________ exercise, and then we (drink)___________ some water.
 8. Suddenly, the animal jumped and (bite)___________ my hand.
 9. What time (do)___________ you (get up)___________ this morning?
10. The Wright brothers (fly)___________ the first airplane in 1903.

Write the Past Simple form of the verbs.
1 take ..................... 2 give ..................... 3 go ..................... 4 drink .....................
5 think ..................... 6 practice ............... 7 ride ..................... 8 have .....................
9 buy .....................10 study...............11.wake................... 12.leave................

No comments:

Post a Comment